When it comes to permanent makeup, there are several treatments available. It makes sense that individuals would be indecisive of which option to select. There are a few things to take into account, but personal preference should come first. What outcome are you seeking? What kind of eyebrows do you have? Furthermore, think about how the permanent makeup will age and whether you'll be content with the look long term. The best course of action is to look at photographs and then have a thorough conversation with the artist you select. They are the experts and may provide recommendations based on your skin type, brow shape, and other considerations. But be careful to ask if the artist offers services other than Microblading when scheduling the appointment if you aren't sure whether you want Ombre Brows or Microblading, for instance. There are many skilled microblading artists, but they might not necessarily be able to perform other types of permanent makeup.
What are Ombre Brows?
Ombre brows have become increasingly popular over the last few years, and rightly so. With ombre brows, you can really get beautiful results. Ombre brows are in the family of powder brows and will give you a beautiful shadow to enhance your natural eyebrow shape. And in some cases change the look of your eyebrows completely. It is also a great option to build eyebrows for those who have little to no eyebrow hair.
The goal with ombre brows is to give this subtle ombre powdery effect. Usually the front or the beginning of the eyebrow has a light shade, which will then get more pigmented and full on the arch and the tail.
The ombre brow technique can be customised to suit each client's individual preferences and natural brow shape. The artist can adjust the intensity and saturation of the pigment, as well as the placement and shape of the gradient, to create a completely bespoke look.
How is the Procedure of Ombre Brows Done?
The ombre brow procedure typically takes around two hours to complete. But that really depends on each artist. Before the procedure, the artist will consult with the customer to determine the desired shape and color of the brows. They may also perform a patch test to ensure the client is not allergic to the pigment. That is usually only done when there is the slightest worry that the pigment, needle, or even the numbing cream might cause allergic reactions.
Once the client is ready, the artist will clean the eyebrow area and apply a numbing cream to minimise any discomfort during the procedure. They will then use a digital machine and a needle (a cartridge) to gently deposit the pigment.
After the procedure is complete, the artist will usually apply a soothing cream or different ointment to the brows and provide aftercare instructions. The client may experience some redness and swelling around the eyebrows for the first few days. Make sure to follow the aftercare instructions.
After approximately 6 weeks (this timeframe can vary), you come to your second appointment to complete the treatment. This is important since the color can fade after the first appointment. This depends on individuals, but for some, it can be up to 50% fading.
Benefits of Ombre Brows
There are many benefits to getting ombre brows. For starters, they can save a significant amount of time in your daily routine. No more spending time every morning filling in your eyebrows with pencils or powders. With ombre brows, you wake up every day with perfectly shaped and filled in eyebrows. Depending on the individual's skin type and aftercare routine, ombre brows can last anywhere from one to three years before needing a touch up.
Things to Consider Before Getting Ombre Brows
While there are many benefits to getting ombre brows, there are also some important things to consider before making the decision to undergo the procedure. Firstly, it's essential to do your research and find a reputable and experienced artist. Cosmetic tattooing is a skilled art form that requires extensive training and practice. Don't be tempted to cut corners and choose an artist based solely on price or availability. Look for reviews, before and after pictures, and testimonials from previous clients to ensure you're making an informed decision. It's also important to have realistic expectations about the results.
How to Prepare for your Ombre Brows Appointment?
It is good to start preparing a few weeks before the appointment for the absolute best end results. You are investing time and money on the treatment so it is worth it. I promise! If you have only 1 - 2 weeks to prepare then i would suggest consulting with your artist and let them know if you have had any treatments that could affect the results. A good artist will also go over everything with you, you do not want to take any chances.
4-6 weeks prior the treatment
- Stop using any acid based skin care products, such as retinoids or glycolic acids. Your skin will become more sensitive and thinner as a result of using these products.
- No laser treatments.
- Stop using products that stimulate hair growth, such as Rapid Brow.
Read the instructions on the salon's website if you haven't already.
2-3 weeks prior treatment
- if possible, do not sunbathe. Your skin becomes very sensitive and if you are sunburned, it is not wise to do the treatment
- Skip your botox appointment
1 week prior the treatment
- If you have very light/white eyebrow hairs and are used to tinting them darker, now is a good time to do so. Then you can be sure that the tint will not be stuck in the skin when you have your treatment
- Do not use any fake tanners on your face
- Stop taking any medication that can thin your blood. For example, Ibuprofen and Fish oil Some salons might require you to stop taking other medications. Do your research.
- If you're on blood thinners for a medical reason, ask your doctor if you can take a few days off them. It is not advised to perform a treatment on people who are on blood thinners.
- Alcohol is not recommended (especially 48 hours before)
- Wash your hair; that will help you since, for the first few days after the treatment, you are not supposed to wet your face in the shower or bath. Of course, you can be careful and wash your hair, but if you can do that after a few days, that is much better.
- Clean your skin and remove your makeup
Aftercare Process after Ombre Brows Treatment
Many customers really dread the aftercare process. But the time will fly by, and before you know it you will have such great looking eyebrows, so you will be happy you followed the instructions carefully. Check your schedule if you have any trips planned where you want to lie in the sun or if you have just signed up for an exercise program. If so, it's better to wait until your schedule is more relaxed.
- Be careful not to get your eyebrows wet
- No heavy exercising. You can read more about it here
- No sunbathing
- If you live in a sunny area it is a good idea to wear sunglasses and even a hat
- No swimming
- No sauna
- No touching your eyebrows with your fingers
- Wash your hands regularly in case you accidentally touch your eyebrows
- Clean pillowcase
- Use the aftercare cream your artist will give you
- The first 3 days can be good to boil water, cool it and wipe your eyebrows with a cotton pad
- Your microblade artist will give you thorough instructions, just follow that and you will be good
Now you should be all set to book your ombre brows treatment. Good luck, and like i can't mention enough, do your research and only book with an artist that you trust. For any questions, feel free to send me an email!